The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and GET) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
Lead all Bearing, Filters and Fluids Procurement activities in the European region including strategic projects, supplier performance management, and internal customer relationships. This position ensures a linkage to the overall global procurement category strategies and execution.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Leadership – Lead the Regional supplier strategy for the Filters & Bearings that is aligned with the overall global supplier strategy. Adhere to the approved Performance Management Plan. Identify performance gaps within the supplier base specific to the Product and collaborate with Category and Platform Purchasing Managers to develop improvement plans for the identified gaps. Maintain the highest ethical and professional standards within this diverse global organization and recognize employee excellence.
- Strategy – Implement successful initiatives fully satisfying customers’ expectations. Use QCLDM to manage regional suppliers in agreement with Global Segment organization. Drive supply chain collaboration for developing new products (NPI), and/or enhancing Continuous Product Improvement (CPI) efforts and/or creating valued new services by leveraging their leading technologies and business knowledge. Lead teams to fully understand the requirements and performance of the supply base.
- Customers – Manage Product expectations for Global Purchasing, to deliver benefits required to sustain a competitive advantage. The role will require a good communicator capable of keeping the customer and Global Purchasing fully informed of progress and working closely with both to ensure all requirements are met. This role will interface with the local Product management to ensure alignment of strategies and manage expectations, keeping the customer fully informed of progress, ensuring all requirements are met.
- Supplier Development – Ensure on-going plans are in effect with suppliers key to the local Products main initiatives, to improve performance across Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development and Management (QCLDM). This will require the support and involvement of key functions within the Product team to effectively build relationships with the suppliers that encourage trust, professionalism and continuous improvement.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in one of the following areas: purchasing, procurement, supply chain, engineering, manufacturing is required
- Able to acquire an understanding of governmental, environmental, political, and geographic factors that influence a supply base.
- Proficiency in English is required
- Incumbent must have well-developed communication and negotiation skills
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Purchasing or procurement experience as a buyer, SDE, or product supply NPI lead
- Previous 6 Sigma Greenbelt/Black Belt experience preferred
- Knowledge of Quality, Cost Modeling, and NPI tools is preferred
- Lean manufacturing, an understanding of lean principles is preferred
- Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management preferred, e.g.; Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified in Production and Inventory management (CPIM) and Certified in Integration Resource Management (CIRM), or comparable international certification is preferred.
- Affiliation with Institute for Supply Management (ISM) and American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS), or comparable professional purchasing organization, preferred.
Relocation is available for this position.
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.