Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI) PhD Program 2022-2023 offers 32 PhD fellowships to international students in Astroparticle Physics, Mathematics in Natural, Social and Life Sciences, Computer Science, Urban Studies, and Regional Science. This scholarship will provide tuition fee waiver, accommodation and free meal vouchers.
The Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI) is an international Ph.D. school and a center for research and higher education in the areas of Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Social Sciences. Founded in 2012 in L’Aquila (Italy) as Center for Advanced Studies of the National Institute for Nuclear Physics (INFN) and then established in March 2016 as a School of Advanced Studies providing post-graduate education.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI)
- Study in: Italy
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Astroparticle Physics, Mathematics in Natural, Social and Life Sciences, Computer Science and Regional Science and Economic Geography. For more information, click here.
- Program Period: Four years
- Deadline: June 01, 2022
Gran Sasso Science Institute PhD Program provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- All PhD students will have free accommodation at the guest house during the first year, then will be provided with a financial substitute of 350,00 Euros gross/month (the contribution will be paid upon the presentation of a rental agreement in L’Aquila)
- All PhD students will have free luncheon vouchers (1 per day, working days, except school closures, missions, and other situations contemplated by the GSSI rules)
- All PhD students will have tuition fees waived
- All PhD students will be covered by insurance against any accident and/or injury that may occur while carrying out their PhD activities.
- All PhD students are entitled to a contribution of up to 1.200,00 euro (net) for the purchase of a laptop for study and research purposes. The contribution will be paid upon the presentation of the fiscal receipt headed to the applicant.