The NATO Defense College Fellowship is open for international students to undertake research courses in Italy. The NATO Defense College presently offers eight fellowships per year linked to NATO and its partners in the area of defense and security policy studies.
The aim is to encourage study and policy analysis in fields of specific concern to the Member States of NATO, as well as nations that are component of the framework of the Partnership for Peace (PfP), Mediterranean Dialog (MD) and Other Military Cooperation (OMC)/Partners throughout the Globe (PAG). The College has granted a total of 109 scholarships in the years up to and including 2017 since the program was launched in 1993.
The overarching objective is to promote research and policy analysis in areas of particular interest to NATO Member States, as well as to countries that are part of the Partnership for Peace (PfP), Mediterranean Dialogue (MD), and Other Military Cooperation (OMC) / Partners Across the Globe (PAG) frameworks.
The Resident Fellowship Programme has the following specific objectives:
- to contribute to the Research Directorate’s calendar of activities by working on topics of interest to the Alliance;
- to contribute to research on NATO’s agenda in NATO member and partner countries;
- to provide Fellows and Scholars with an opportunity to learn from the NATO community, and acquire a thorough understanding of the College and of working in an international environment;
- to expand understanding of NATO and the work of the NDC in NATO partner and member countries;
- to provide lectures to the Senior Course (SC) and the NATO Regional Cooperation Course (NRCC) on a case-by-case basis;
- to contribute to NDC educational activities;
- to help foster the development of Scholars on NATO-related issues.
- Level of Study: Research
- Institution(s): NATO Defense College (NDC)
- Study in: Italy
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
– NDC Eisenhower (EISW) Fellowship Programme.
– Partnership for Peace (PfP) Fellowship Programme;
– Mediterranean Dialogue (MD) Fellowship Programme;
– Other Military Cooperation/Partners Across the Globe Fellowship Programme (OMC/PAG);
- Program Period: From 3 to 5 months
- Number of Scholarships: Eight fellowships each year
- Deadline: July 15, 2022
NATO Defense College Fellowships provide the recipients with below benefits:
- Each Fellow will receive a stipend to cover the costs of his/her stay in Rome and his/her travel expenses.