Through our generous merit and need-based institutional scholarships and grants, a UC education is more affordable and a better value.
- Applicants must have a high school GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must submit Innovation Scholar Application. The applicants must interview with the Director/Assistant Director of Innovation & current Innovation Scholars.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.50 academic grade point average (on a 4-point scale); or a GED or TASC score of 450.
- Applicants must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- Internet-based test (IBT) on the TOEFL: 61
- IELTS: 6.0
- Duolingo: 95
- GTEC: 1,100
- PTE: 54
In order to be considered for scholarships and financial aid at the University of Charleston, domestic students are required to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Undergraduate Academic Scholarships for incoming students (2022-23)
|GPA Range||Tuition Scholarship||Room and Board Scholarship||Total for Residential Students|
Additional Scholarship Information
- Scholarship award amounts and requirements are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- The University retains the right to make final decisions about combinations of awards.
- Award levels may change depending on residential status (on-campus or off-campus).