Salary: £50,000 per year
Job Type: Full-time
Deadline: 10 June 2022
An excellent opportunity for a Lead / Senior Business Analyst to join our team to manage our team of 7 – 10 Business Analysts, reporting into the Head of Business Analysis. Accountable for the line management and development of permanent and contract Business Analysts working on other customer engagements, whilst also delivering in the capacity of a Business Analyst in customer engagements assigned. Help strengthen and lead our Team as our Lead Business Analyst! Home based role
An excellent opportunity for a Lead / Senior Business Analyst to join our team to manage our team of 7 – 10 Business Analysts, reporting into the Head of Business Analysis. Accountable for the line management and development of permanent and contract Business Analysts working on other customer engagements, whilst also delivering in the capacity of a Business Analyst in customer engagements assigned.
You will be part of our Professional Services Business Unit, which is a tower within the Technology and Software Solutions, who provide highly skilled staff to many areas of Capita. With over 350 in the team in various roles, we aim to meet the company’s people demand with high-quality personnel. We provide technical experts, including Business Analysts, to over 280 customers, supplying over 2,000 placements per year.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Oversee the professional development of team members
• Management of joiners, movers, and leavers within a team
• Ensure team members are assigned and optimally utilised on client billable work
• Make sure team members are in full compliance with Capita policy, such as completing their mandatory training, time sheet management, absence management to expectations
• Monitoring and managing through staff disciplinary, performance improvement, health safety and environment needs, as called for.
• Developing the As-Is and To-Be Planning business processes and identification of pain points
• Conducting user workshops and capture the business requirements
• Supporting technical team in solutioning
• Managing collection and traceability of business requirements
• Business process improvement – Analysing current services and processes and identifying and implementing opportunities to optimise these.
• Managing business analysis artefacts in support of a cross-functional team in a DevOps tool, such as Jira, Confluence or Azure DevOps.
• Develop business level requirements using methods such as EPICS, Use Cases, User Stories, Wireframes, Requirements Traceability Matrices, Functional and Non-functional Requirements.
What We’re Looking For:
• Extensive experience as a Lead/Senior Business Analyst with knowledge of the full process lifecycle
• BCS Diploma in Business Analysis (BA practitioner)
• Experience of delivering in a consultancy or professional services capacity
• Possess good stakeholder relationship management.
• Strong line management/mentoring Business Analysts experience
• Experience of workshop facilitation and management.
• Good business process improvement experience. Proficient in the use of BPMN.
• Experience in delivery of business improvement using LEAN six Sigma is highly desirable.
• Proficiency in Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid Agile/Waterfall delivery approaches.
• Experience in using EPICS, Use Cases, User Stories, Wireframes, Requirements Traceability Matrices, Functional and Non-functional Requirements.
• An appetite to solve problems, find solutions and suggest ways to improve
• A great team player who can also work independently with confidence
• Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with clients
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
Desired Skills / Qualifications
• Qualifications or experience with ITIL
About Capita Technology and Software Solutions (TSS)
Capita Technology and Software Solutions (TSS) is a newly formed global shared service, responsible for delivering innovation and digital transformation for Capita’s businesses and clients. We work collaboratively with Capita’s divisions to shape the right digital technology solutions to help clients work differently, engage differently, sell differently and to be resilient to whatever next comes their way. We create innovative technology and software solutions for Capita’s clients and businesses while ensuring secure, resilient and predictable service delivery. TSS brings together 5000+ colleagues from across Capita into a single function to deliver world-class technology and software solutions for Capita’s businesses and clients.
What’s in it for you?
• Great opportunity to progress your career in business analysis
• 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27 days with length of service) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
• The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
• Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
• Company matched pension, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave and plenty more
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that.