International Local Authorities Internship Program is an international internship program annually organized by Union of Municipalities of Türkiye since 2012 with the aim of providing local governance training to the participants through instructions, practical examples and field visits including social activities and trips to various cities in Türkiye.
LOCALINTERNational has been providing an international training environment to a wide range of participants from all over the world more focused on European, Asian and Middle Eastern countries to learn, socialize and see the good practices along with the examples of municipal work.
As the previous ones the program will facilitate trainings, field visits and social-cultural activities for future local leaders. Union of Municipalities of Türkiye looks forward to hosting valuable young participants and to provide them with a beneficial local governance experience.
All expenses will be covered by the Union of Municipalities of Türkiye.
Program dates: 21-27 August 2022
· Fundamental Values of Local Governments
· Local Democracy and Participation
· Social and Cultural Activities of Local Governments
· Global and Regional Organizations of Local Governments
· Local Governments and Sustainable Development Goals
· Comparative Local Governments
· Local Authorities in Türkiye
· CV Preparation and Interview Techniques
· Good command of English
· Last year students or new graduates of,
– Urban/Regional Planning
– Political Science
– International Relations
– Administrative sciences
– Other related fields
Deadline: 10 June 2022