Shifts Per Pay Period: 6.5
Shift Length: 12 Hour
Our established hospitalist group with Community Health Systems is seeking to hire several qualified hospitalists. The ideal candidate will be Board Eligible or Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine trained (with Hospitalist experience). This role follows a traditional hospitalist schedule of 7 on/7 off and offers a competitive compensation structure and generous benefit package. The group may also sponsor visas.
The Community Health System (Community Medical Centers “CMC”) is a locally owned, not-for-profit, public-benefit organization based in Fresno, California. Community is the region’s largest healthcare provider and private employer. We operate a physician residency program with one of the nation’s top medical schools – the University of California, San Francisco. Community is home to the only Level 1 Trauma Center and comprehensive burn center between Los Angeles and Sacramento. We also serve as the area’s “safety net provider.” In fiscal year 2020, Community provided nearly $175 million in uncompensated services and programs. In addition to our hospitals, our health system includes a vast medical network, medical foundation, medical group and health plan. The Community Provider Network is a network of provider affiliates and partners that provides our patients access to over 1,400 physicians. Community Health Partners and Community Physicians Group are our newly formed medical foundation and multi-specialty medical group. Our health plan, Community Care Health, is the third largest HMO in the region. We also operate four acute-care hospitals – Community Regional Medical Center, Clovis Community Medical Center, Fresno Heart & Surgical Hospital and Community Behavioral Health Center – as well as several long-term care, outpatient and other healthcare facilities. Community’s hospitals are fully accredited by the Joint Commission. This position requires a commitment to excellence in patient care, collaboration, communication, teaching, research and a dedication to place the patient at the center of all decisions. Clinical or translational research interests are encouraged and supported.
1. Deliver a high standard of medical care to individuals in the community.
2. Work alongside staff members as a part of an integrated, interdisciplinary team.
3. Develop and deliver a model of care that supports the wellness of our patients and staff.
4. Assess, diagnose, and develop treatment plans for patients.
5. Effectively communicate treatment plans with patients, family members, and other medical staff members.
6. Assist and advise staff members on challenging cases, as needed.
7. Refer patients to specialists or other practices, as appropriate.
8. Maintain immaculate documentation of all procedures and practices.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Doctor of Medicine (MD) required
Licenses and Certifications
• Eligible to be licensed to practice Medicine in the state of California required