Full Job Description
Robotics & STEM Teacher, Curriculum Developer (US Only, On-site Only, H1b Sponsored)
Vinci Robotics Academy is looking for hiring one long-term on-site full-time (35 – 40 hours per week) teacher and curriculum developer for our robotics/programming/STEM programs (after school and summer camp).
ABOUT THE JOB
- Start immediately, must be able to commit to work at Vinci Robotics Academy for at least 12 months.
- Must currently in the United States and be able to relocate to Boston area to start the work.
- Working hours: 2 PM to 7 PM on 3 weekdays and 9 AM to 7 PM on whole weekends.
- To teach students whose ages are between 6 and 16 years old.
- Great opportunity to learn, develop, and get certified in engineering industries and the world’s most advanced and leading educational robotics system.
- Learn and expand vision on cutting-edge STEAM topics, such as robotics, self-driving, AI, machine learning, prosthetics in neuroscience, soft robotics, and space robotics.
- Great opportunity to improve yourself on STEAM education, innovation, programming skills, mechanical engineering, electronic engineering, and computer science areas.
- Innovation and entrepreneurship opportunities sponsored by the organization, include project ideas, development support, networking, angel investment, and more.
- Teach robotics and STEAM lessons.
- Create and improve curricula and teaching materials.
- Learn VEX Robotics platform and know how to build, program, and troubleshoot the robots.
- Help students understand the complicated STEAM concepts.
- Help students with hands-on design and building.
- Help students with programming in robotics, software, smart gadgets, web development, mobile development, and more.
- Co-host robotics competitions and in-classroom competitions.
- Maintain the inventory, parts, tools, equipment, and cleanness.
- Must love, care, understand, and respect children and teenagers.
- Must be able to manage students in the classroom and club settings.
- Must have at least one year of teaching experience.
- Must be patient, responsible, and committed with excellent communication skills.
- Must be proactive to respond to questions, contribute new ideas, and be able to do research and solve problems by yourself.
- Must be able to work on weekends and some nighttime.
- Must be able to commit to work for at least 12 months.
- Must be able to come to the classroom during working hours on your own transportation.
- Prefer to have basic knowledge of educational robotic systems (VEX, LEGO, or FIRST) (Competition experience preferred).
- Have basic knowledge of STEAM education.
- Prefer to have basic knowledge of computer programming (C++, Python, Java preferred).
- Experience with using hardware tools and power tools.
- Must be 18 years old and above. A College major in engineering is preferred.
- Clean background check via online/live scan.
- Teaching and performance bonus
- Flexible working hours during weekdays
- Innovation opportunity and entrepreneurship opportunities in robotics, self-driving, computer vision, and AI areas with cutting-edge hardware and software tools.
- Sponsor to pursue engineering industry certificates (professional development)
- Sponsor to pursue Robotics/STEM education Certificates
- Sponsorship to H1B VISA.
Classroom Location: 87 Terrace Hall Ave. Burlington, MA 01803
Salary: $40,000 – $45,000
About Vinci Robotics Academy
Established in 2018, Vinci Robotics Academy is parents founded parents-run 501(c)(3) non-profit STEAM education organization for youth located in Lexington/Burlington, MA. We are building a diligent and professional robotics/STEAM club aiming to provide high-quality STEAM education resources and services to local and online communities.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Internship
Pay: Up to $40,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- After school
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
Require to have at least 3 COVID vaccines when starts.
- This position is on-site in person only. Are you currently in the United States and able to come to Boston area to start the work?
- STEAM: 4 years (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location