Full Job Description
Puget Sound Kidney Centers is proud to serve people with chronic kidney disease throughout the northern counties of Washington state. Patient care is our top priority—we train patients to do dialysis at home, provide the very best care in eleven (11) dialysis centers and at local hospitals, and bring kidney-health messages to at-risk members of our community.
As a patient-centered, community-based nonprofit, PSKC is committed to ensuring that all patients and their families receive high-quality, convenient, compassionate and affordable care, a deep and long-lasting commitment we’re proud to make to the communities we serve.
We are seeking Registered Nurses (RN) to join our team of medical professionals to oversee the delivery of dialysis and the care of patients at Puget Sound Kidney Centers (PSKC). The RN is responsible for providing education to patients, supervising Dialysis Technicians, adjusting treatment plans per standing orders, monitoring the patient’s outcomes, administer medications, participating in quality improvement projects, and collaborating with other members of the patient’s care team (social worker, dietitians, and nephrologist).
- We train RNs who are interested in pursuing a career in the dialysis field. Learn more about our training program Here .
- Visa sponsorship available.
Education and Experience
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
- Must have a current Registered Nurse (RN) license from the WA State Board of Nursing.
- Current certification of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) with a Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers card.
- Previous Hemodialysis or Peritoneal dialysis experience preferred.
- Prior experience in Acute or Ambulatory Nursing preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
Pay rate is dependent upon candidate’s qualifications and related experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits program including paid vacation time, paid sick leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, 403b retirement plan including employer-matched contributions. To learn more about our organization, visit our main website at www.pskc.net .
Location/Hours: Primary work location will be at PSKC’s Everett clinic. A secondary work location will be assigned for backup coverage based on patient and staffing needs. Applicants need to be able to work any 3 days per week (Monday through Saturday) with up to a 13 hour scheduled shift. Opening shifts start as early as 4:00 AM and closing shifts end as late as11:00 PM.
Skills and Abilities
- Apply the principles of dialysis when providing treatments and using equipment and supplies.
- Apply the principles of adult learning techniques when educating patients and caregivers including accommodating different learning styles.
- Systematically assess and resolve complex clinical and operational problems.
- See and differentiate colors.
- Concisely and accurately communicate clinical information and recommendations to a physician.
- Operate a computer.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English for the purpose of following written policies and procedures, completion of reports, and communicating with others in the work setting.
- Understand, adapt to, apply, and communicate policy and procedural changes.
- Approach work requirements in a methodical and conscientious manner.
- Prioritize tasks and follow them through to completion in a timely manner, with minimal supervision.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Consistently arrive at work on time, and maintain excellent attendance.
- Identify, assess, and resolve problems in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, patients, nephrologist, and visitors as needed.
- React calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Maintain quality control standards.
- Follow the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly manner.
Pre Employment Requirements
PSKC is a Drug Free Workplace. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug test and criminal background check.
PSKC complies with all state and federal regulations to provide a safe work environment for our employees. Washington State requires workers in a health care setting to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Upon an offer of employment, candidates will be asked to provide proof of their vaccination status, or request for accommodation.
PSKC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all, and a work environment that is free of unlawful harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
When requested, PSKC will provide a reasonable accommodation (exemption) for medical or religious reasons as permitted by the mandate provided that the requested accommodation is reasonable and does not create an undue hardship for PSKC or pose a direct threat to the health and/or safety of others in the workplace and/or to the requesting employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PSKC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. PSKC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability or medical condition as defined by applicable equal opportunity laws. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. If you need assistance or accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enhance the quality of life of those with kidney disease through outstanding dialysis care, education and community support.