A Tech Nation Visa is a visa program that allows the world’s leading tech talent to work in the UK’s digital sector, contributing their knowledge, creativity, and innovation to keep the UK at the top of the world’s digital transformation.
One reason why we endorse the Tech Nation Visa for creatives and other tech talents is that it serves as one of the legal ways to seek permanent residency in the United Kingdom. Although the Tech Nation Visa is valid for up to 5 years, applicants can apply for permanent residency to continue working. Even if an applicant is unable to get a permanent residence permit after the Tech Nation Visa expires, you are allowed to apply for an extension.
According to Tech Nation Visa Guide, Tech Nation is the official Home Office designated endorsing body authorised to assess endorsement applications from individuals with expertise in digital technology and who want to come to the UK under the Global Talent visa. For individuals with talents in digital technology that fall into the creative, programming, gaming, fintech, AI and, cyber niches, and want to work in the UK’s digital space, the Tech Nation Visa is just perfect for you. If you are worried about your eligibility status, check this.
There are 11 regions in the UK where Tech Nation is active. These regions include London, Midlands, East of England, North East, North West, South East, South West, Yorkshire, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.
It is important to carefully review the Global Talents Official Guidance and the Global Talents Immigration Rules before applying for this visa.
Just in case you’re already asking; “Why Tech Nation Visa?” Here are some benefits you cannot overlook:
- The number of Tech Nation Visas available per year is unlimited
- Family members may join you. There are some conditions associated with this.
- It is highly flexible to obtain a Tech Nation Visa. It isn’t dependent on where I work, who I work for or what I do but on the skills and accomplishments one has acquired over time. Applicants can also choose to either get a job or work on their own.
- Employees and employers alike can apply for a Tech Nation Visa.
- This visa is valid for up to 5 years which gives an applicant enough time to settle in.
- Visa extensions for Tech Nation are permitted as often as necessary. If you struggle with getting a permanent residency after your 5-year visa expires, you can apply for an extension while you keep applying for a permanent residency.
- All tech sub-sectors are eligible for the Tech Nation Visa. Here’s a comprehensive list of those who are eligible to apply (List of eligible applicants).
- Tech Nation Visas are awarded based on a candidate’s unique skills, background, and accomplishments.
- Tech Nation Visa holders can become permanent residents of the UK.
You need to ensure that you are eligible before applying for a Tech Nation Visa. To confirm your eligibility status, click here
To submit your application:
- You must first apply to the Home Office for endorsement by Tech Nation.
- Once you have completed the Home Office application, you must then complete a Tech Nation Visa application form.
- You can save and return your application anytime before submitting it.
You need to also bear in mind that the application process is in 2 stages
Stage 1: Application for Endorsement which usually takes up to 8 weeks to be processed and,
Stage 2: Application for Visa which takes up to 3 weeks out of the country and 8 weeks in the country to be processed.
It is vital that you visit every page on the Tech Nation website to get a complete insight into every single requirement of the visa program. Tech skills have never been in more demand than they currently are. The world is now a global village and this is only made possible through the creative innovation of tech talents. Companies are actively leveraging the power of tech to scale their businesses and make an impact. You too can be part of this move.