Are you an individual with extraordinary abilities? Are you an outstanding professor or researcher in sciences, athletics, arts, business, education with proper documentation of your work? Are you the manager or executive of a multinational organisation? Then the EB-1 visa is for you.
It is important to know that an EB-1 visa is employment-based and not for those seeking study opportunities in the United State.
According to the US Citizenship and Immig ration Services, to qualify for the EB-1 visa as an individual within the science, arts, education, business, athletic industry, you must:
- Have proof that you are willing to continue working in the same field of expertise.
- Not necessarily have an offer of employment
- Have proper documentation of your expertise
To qualify for an EB-1 Visa as an executive or manager, you must:
- You must have worked for a firm or organisation outside the US as an executive or a manager for at least a year during the 3 years before submitting your application for a visa.
- You must be willing to continue working for that same organisation or a subsidiary of the organisation.
- You must have been in business for over 1 year.
- Your employer must be a US employer.
- No labour certificate is required.
To qualify for an EB-1 visa as a professor or researcher:
- If you are coming to the US as a professor or researcher, you must have proof of international recognition in a particular academic field
- A minimum of three years of teaching or research experience is required in a particular academic area
- You must provide a proof of an offer of employment from a potential US employer
- Potential employers must demonstrate that they employ three full-time researchers
For more insights into the eligibility criteria of all three categories of EB-1 visa seekers, see Employment-Based Immigration: First Preference EB-1